In this episode we meet Ann Wilson a self-made multi-millionaire, who is often referred to as the Wealth Chef. Yes, in this episode we are talking about the ‘M’ word, money. Ann was a teenager when her late father taught her the lesson, “How you must take responsibility for your own financial wellbeing”
Fast forward to when Ann grew up, she got into debt and decided that she wanted to master this thing called money – become financially literate. Now she helps people become financially literate with her wealth recipes; hence why she is known as the Wealth Chef. She has students from a different regions around the world. Her expertise on money is sought by large corporates and in the personal development world. She has appeared on prominent radio shows throughout the world. You will learn from this episode how income and assets are not the same. Do not be afraid of these financial terms, as this understanding will help you master your financial freedom! Ann explains what is financial freedom, and how you can achieve this too.
As well as teaching people about financial freedom, Ann is a life adventurer. She can can fly aeroplanes and this year she became a Hays House author. So she is certainly a Go-Getter Me!
In this episodes Ann shares:
- 5:20: What was the motivator for her to decide that she wanted to build financial freedom. Teaser Quote: ‘ the fear of money running out”
- 9:40 – How Ann went from a money binger to a money anorexic.
- 10:19: Why it is important to understand the difference between saving and investing. Teaser: “You want money to be working for you”
- 16:49 – Why it is important to Pay yourself first.
- 17:00: The Break-Even epidemic, why it is harmful to our financial health. Why you want to move away from this.
- 20:08: Why you should not focus on debt if you want to get out of debt.
- 23:10: How there is not one way to build wealth. Teaser: Moving away from the industrial paradigm, having multi-streams.
- 32:10: How your relationships with other people can play a part in money behaviour. Teaser quote: “Be aware of who your peer group is …..”
- 37:10: Why your greatest asset is yourself. Teaser quote: “If you are not growing, then you’re dying”
- 43:19: The different types of decision makers. Which one are you? Teaser: Making decisions from fear, rather than a GoGetter.
- 46:40: Her thoughts on lifestyle balance. Teaser quote: “Not thinking of it as work, but more about something you enjoy”
- 54:30: Describes her definition of who is a go-getter. Teaser quote: ‘Nothing is forever. Nothing is undoable’.
- 57:29: What is Ann’s Go-Getter word for this year.
- 60:00 – Ann’s good news.
- 61:01: Why Ann should be singing the Go-Getter theme.
How you can connect to Ann
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thewealthchef
You can subscribe to the Go-Getter Me show and listen to it in iTunes or Stitcher
- The Go-Getter Me podcast show is now live on iTunes and Stitcher. Scroll down to listen to the interview with Ann Wilson.
If you enjoy the podcast, why not leave a rating? I’d really appreciate it.
READY, STEADY, PRESS THE PLAY BUTTON BELOW TO LISTEN NOW